- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced (powdered is okay too)
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne red pepper
- 1/8 to 14 tsp. ginger powder or grated ginger root
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- 1 cup potatoes cut into small bite-sized pieces (can substitute with 1 can chickpeas, green peas, or other lentil)
1. Heat the oil on medium high and brown the onions and garlic but don’t burn. Add the spices.
2. Add the ground beef and brown. Add water as needed to keep it moist but not soupy. 5 to 10 minutes depending on the heat.
3. Add the coriander and potatoes/chickpeas/whathaveyou. Cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add more water as necessary until the potatoes/chickpeas/whatev are tender but not mushy. If too much water, take cover off and boil off the excess.
4. Serve with rice, pita, or nothing at all.