Best of 2011:
- Album: Wild Flag, “Wild Flag“. Mostly for nostalgic reasons but then Kill Rock Stars 20 Year Anniversary Sampler (available for free download), 23 This Year: Sub Pop (also free), and Touch and Go Digital Sampler (was free but no more) would fall into that category too.
- TV Show: I was going to choose Mad Men but the show didn’t even air this year at all! How can that be? So rude, show. So rude. Luckily, I remember that Game of Thrones came out this year (memory-trigger = the stack of books on my nightstand) and so we have a winner after all.
- Movie: X-Men: First Class unless by the time this is published I have finally seen Bridesmaids. I do so love Melissa “Lulu Diamonds” McCarthy.
- Book(s): The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. Yeah, it came out in December 2010 but I just realized that I don’t believe I read a single book published this year. The implications of this are staggering. Note: the local libraries will attest that I have not given up reading entirely. Just the purchasing of new books. For myself. Okay, that’s a lie. I just cut and pasted/edited this from last year’s entry but the books I did purchase were not published in 2011 either:
Sleepwalk with Me: and Other Painfully True Stories by Mike Birbiglia
- Bath Product: Invigorating and eye-opening Kiehl’s Grapefruit Exfoliating Body Scrub. Yes, I know the link leads you to the Coriander version (which I have in my stash to try out after I finish the grapefruit) but you can choose Grapefruit as one of the fragrances. As I did. As you should.
- App: Scrabble – not only does it let me keep me in touch (i.e., talk smack) with my friends and family, but it even keeps ZP edutated (at least until he gets bored and then just sits back and clicks “best word” and passes himself off as coming up with “zek” and “qadi” on his own).
- The Oatmeal: Why Netflix is splitting itself in two
- Jason Good: The Hour of Power
- Colbert Clip: Good lord, take your pick
- Revolution: Arab Spring
- Portlandia Clip: Put a Bird On It
- Accent: Kelly from Misfits.
Do I have more to list? Yes. Do I have energy and time to do so? No. P’raps Gojira will grace us with a few 2011 thoughts of her own.