- Deliriously adorable panda-featured invitations.
- Decorations nearly completely monochromatic (black and white spotted streamers, black balloons, white tablecloth, black and white plates, black and white utensils) with occasional relief of green (bamboo in vases hither and yon). Panda diaper cake provided by currently pregnant guest otherwise hostess would have no clue what the hell a diaper cake was.
- Guests nearly completely monochromatic (black and white outfits requested ahead of time for group picture later) with occasional relief of green (when a single guest claims she did not get the memo).
- Games including “guess how many black and white gumballs are in this jar” and “name as many black and white items you can in two minutes”. Note: not a single guest wrote down “panda”. Note: “two minutes” was really “however long it takes me to settle AP down in the other room and then I’ll be right back”. Note: self-played guessing game of how many guests arriving wearing b/w does it take before LB figures it out.
- Treats featuring cookies stamped with panda pictures, candy-filled favor boxes with panda cartoons on the bottom of each and chopsticks to go with them, panda-decorated cupcakes, and sour cream chocolate chip cake (hey, it’s black and white too)
Recipe: Beg for help from half of the guests, stir, and serve.