Because I am nothing if not obedient, I heed the call of the Baj:
Best of 2010:
- Music: I don’t know what came out when, but I keep listening to B.o.B.’s “Airplanes,” La Roux’s “Bulletproof,” and Shontelle’s “Impossible.” With a shot of Leonard Cohen in between.
- TV Show: Damages. DAMAGES. Yes, the first season aired in 2007, but I just watched it last week so—counts! Two words: Glenn Close. Two more words: Ted Danson. Two more words: Closeted Dansonglenn. DAMAGES.
- Movie: Winter’s Bone. I haven’t seen it, but I’m told it’s the best movie of the year and the only ones I saw in the theater this year were Knight and Day and I can’t even remember the other one. So I’m going with Winter’s Bone.
- Book: The best book I read in 2010 was Growing Up by Russell Baker. The best books I read in 2010 that were published in 2010 were The King of Kahel and Sleepwalk With Me. Those were also the only books I read last year that were published in 2010, but they were both good.
- App: Fruit Ninja!
- Gossip blog: Dlisted, always and forever, for such gems as (on Justin Bieber) “Vanity Fair is obviously trying to overtake Highlights as the #1 magazine of every pediatrician’s office, because they have put the most famous lesbian toddler since Peppermint Patty on their cover!” and (on Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway) “From what I’ve seen these two have the sexual chemistry of a pedophile with OCD and an elderly hoarder.”
- Biggest loss: Greg Giraldo.
- Damn You Auto Correct: Good lord, take your pick