Despite potentially conceding anything in the on-going East Coast/West Coast rivalry, one must admit that spending late February and early March on Florida’s Gulf Coast (where the average temperature is in the mid-70s) is preferable over the same in New York (in the 40s at best). If the weather is not enough of a draw, may I suggest the following activities?
- Aimlessly and mindlessly search for sharks’ teeth in the Shark Tooth Capital of the World.
- Visit the Ringling mansion and museum and bring Water for Elephants alive.
- Splurge at the brand new Goodwill bookstore where the books are nicely priced, in good condition, and don’t smell like old people at all.
- Troll the aisles of the local stores for pricing comparisons.
- Unlimited ZP and AP access.